Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

s&w 642 review

S&w 642 Review - While it's hard to imagine that many consumer products released over the course of nearly two decades are still bestsellers, and we certainly couldn't imagine that with cars, TVs, or mobile phones, when it comes to firearms, classic design by will continue to be a bestseller. Great. for years and years.

Such is the case with the Smith & Wesson 642 revolver, ranked among the top-selling revolvers by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) for all ages.

S&w 642 Review

S&w 642 Review

The 642 was introduced as a variation on the Centennial Airweight Model 42 and combined the time-honored features of the original while still delivering modern advances. The hammerless revolver has been a popular choice in law enforcement ever since it was introduced in late 2003 as an updated version of the iconic Model 40. This snub-nosed pistol was originally fine-tuned as a Centennial back in 1952 before it was renamed the i. 1957 chambered in .38 Special. An updated version of the Model 640 has been in production since the 1990s.

Smith & Wesson Performance Center Model 642 Revolver 38 Special +p

As a J-frame revolver that is one of the smallest wheel-frame revolvers on the market, the 642 features an abundance of features as well as some necessary compromises. It has been a popular choice among CCW holders since its introduction due to its light weight and size - with an overall length of just 6.3 inches and a weight of just 14.4 ounces. Shooters had the option to downsize, but the 642 is compact and can still do some serious damage in .38 S&W Special +P.

Designed as a single double action revolver, the Model 642 has remained simple and, more importantly, reliable since its first introduction to the market. In contrast to the more complex operating system of an automatic pistol, it has long been observed that the feed or ejection of a revolver does not fail. This J-frame was longer and had fewer moving parts.

It's still easy to reload, made easier by faster loaders, and unlike the more finicky assault rifles, the 642 will still be reliable with both quality and cheap ammo! Perhaps the biggest advantage of the P-frame Model 642, after its size and weight, is the fact that the pistol did not experience significant recoil when fired. In fact, although it takes a bit more effort to double-hit a target with this class of revolvers, it can be easily done with a little practice.

The biggest downside since its introduction is that the Model 642 only holds five rounds. As far as self defense weapons go, this shouldn't be seen as a problem - as any CCW owner should have been trained that the idea is to stay out of trouble. rather than take part in a long shot! But compared to the Glock 17 and other assault rifles that hold more than seventeen rounds, the five-round 642 might still have a little more light.

Smith & Wesson Model 642 Vs Taurus 856 2” Size Comparison

Given the MSRP of $477, it's also easy to see why the 642 was in steady demand - perhaps some of the models purchased were for backup use by those who already had the automatic. It would be hard to go wrong with this Airweight as a backup.

Peter Suciu is a Michigan-based writer who has written for over four dozen magazines, newspapers, and websites. He is the author of several books on military headgear, including the Military Headgear Gallery available on Amazon.com.

Expert Biography: Senior editor for 1945, Peter Suchiu is a Michigan-based writer who wrote more than four dozen magazines, newspapers, and websites in a twenty-year career as a journalist, publishing more than 3,000 articles. He writes regularly on military technology, the history of firearms, cybersecurity, and international affairs. Peter is also a contributing writer for Forbes. You can follow him on Twitter: @PeterSuciu. I admit, I am a fan of revolvers and still regularly carry it with me. Even though I'm not a J Frame Smiths fan, I went out and bought one. Sportsman's Warehouse has a plain Jane (rubber grip) 642 Airweight revolver in .38Spc+P for $300, which seems like a pretty good price from what I see online. When I got over it, I couldn't resist. Weighs only 15 ounces empty and fits well in pockets. Traveling with +P SD cartridges is no concern as I have been shooting Magnum revolvers since I was a child. This little guy would be a great hidden and backup piece.

S&w 642 Review

It is very good for what it is intended for. I paid more than for mine. When I go to work in the morning, I hide it under the floor of my shirt. I always sort of check to make sure no one is hiding there. This makes me feel more comfortable. I can hit man-sized targets at a good distance from a room/garage from a hidden draw quite well. It's fun to shoot at range too. There is no need for an easier part than this.

Wheelgun Perfection: S&w Model 640

My next gun purchase will be a 442. I've been looking for a good used gun, but I'll probably go to a gun dealer for a new one. All my local gun shops have them, but they are much more expensive.

I have the 442 version and have fired the Speer 135gr+P gold dots they make for short guns with it. Accurate at 7-10 yards and a pleasure to shoot. It disappears into your pocket and you don't even notice it's there. It doesn't get shot often, but it's a good choice.

I used to shoot an undercover card with Eagle Secret Service grips and 158 gr + P HP and I didn't pay much attention to it.

I tried them in 642, now 20 years later. Um... no. 148 gr. Target wadcutters for me, thanks. The FBI is loading SP101.

Smith And Wesson Internal Lock: Is It A Deal Breaker?

And yes, I shot a 2.5-inch M.19 at 125 grains and 158 .357. Two completely different ball games.

IAhunter said, "I'll admit, I'm a fan of revolvers and still carry one on a regular basis." Even though I'm not a J Frame Smiths fan, I went out and bought one. Sportsman's Warehouse has a plain Jane (rubber grip) 642 Airweight revolver in .38Spc+P for $300, which seems like a pretty good price from what I see online. When I got over it, I couldn't resist. Weighs only 15 ounces empty and fits well in pockets. Traveling with +P SD cartridges is no concern as I have been shooting Magnum revolvers since I was a child. This little guy would be a great hidden and backup piece. Does anyone else have one like this? Do you like it? Click to expand... This revolver was my first counter-clockwise weapon. I wore it daily until Ruger released the LCP, after which it was put away in the safe. I still wear it from time to time and drop it often. It's pretty accurate and fun to shoot.

Nice gun, have been carrying one for years. S&W is offering the military a $30 rebate if you qualify. Simple process, everything is online.

S&w 642 Review

442 carry as FAB every day to work, many days off. They are good shooters once you learn them. Once you get the hang of it, I can easily hit a steel silhouette up to 50 yards away. When you train at work we do the walk and I try to beat the guys with my j frame. The range of the pistol ends at 50 yards.

Mika's Pocket Holster — Joy In Your Pocket!

Excellent purchase! Great pistol. I like mine because it's very light and fits easily in a pocket or belt. The trip doesn't bother me because I don't think it's a ranged weapon. With +p ammo, you really don't have to give up more than 9mm.

I carry a pocket 442 a lot. I just started feeding Defenders Underwood Xtreme, although I'll probably go back to Gold Dots or HST after that phase subsides.

I consider my M638 to be my most versatile defensive pistol. I keep a few J-Frames and K-Frames in my safe at all times...

IAhunter said, "I'll admit, I'm a fan of revolvers and still carry one on a regular basis." Even though I'm not a J Frame Smiths fan, I went out and bought one. Sportsman's Warehouse has a plain Jane (rubber grip) 642 Airweight revolver in .38Spc+P for $300, which seems like a pretty good price from what I see online. When I got over it, I couldn't resist. Weighs only 15 ounces empty and fits well in pockets. Traveling with +P SD cartridges is no concern as I have been shooting Magnum revolvers since I was a child. This little guy would be a great hidden and backup piece. Does anyone else have one like this? Do you like it? Click to expand... Model 642 is one of my favorites. I paid $389 for mine 23 years ago. Volume. : cowboy:

The Ultimate Concealed Weapon

Good choice, OP! i owned

Sig p365 tulster holster, sig p365 iwb holster, sig holsters p365, sig p365 sas holster, sig p365 xl holster, sig p365 hybrid holster, appendix holster sig p365, safariland holster sig p365, sig p365 belt holster, sig p365 holster, sig p365 purse holster, sig sauer p365 holster

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code